WPA announced today that it is working with Coverys to provide its members with an exclusive medical malpractice program. AM Best has assigned a financial strength rating of A (“Excellent”) to the Coverys group of companies in recognition of the strong risk-adjusted capitalization, profitable operating performance, and effective enterprise risk management. Coverys has over 40 years of experience protecting the healthcare community with net assets of 3.5 billion dollars and 1.6 billion in policyholder surplus.
This exclusive program through Coverys offers WPA members a broad range of products and services:
- Advanced data analytics that uncover the root causes of risk.
- Robust risk management that provides newsletters, publications and best practice manuals.
- Award-winning education such as webinars, online healthcare risk management and continuing education credits.
- Responsive claims defense with legal counsel who specialize in medical liability cases and utilization of alternative dispute resolution, if appropriate.
Exclusive WPA Membership Benefits:
- Coverys will provide a 10% discount for being a member of WPA
- Additional 5% discount for each WPA member who participants in the risk management eligibility program
- Coverys will offer profit sharing to the insured, which will allow sharing of underwriting profits generated from the WPA Exclusive Program
- After a period of time and maturity of the program, Coverys will be able to rate the WPA group on claims experience specific to the WPA
- Choice of counsel, as long as they have MPL experience
- Optional participation in the senior leadership committee to allow for program input by those who benefit from it most
Coverys is backed by proven financial strength and outstanding support. Founded by healthcare providers, Coverys offers insurance protection and services that help you succeed. You can expect uncompromised defense against medical malpractice claims and proactive risk management and education to help you control loss, reduce the risk of medical error and enhance patient safety.
WPA has local enrollment specialists who are available to address the highlights of the program and answer any questions during the enrollment process.
BriAnne Buhler; [email protected] (775) 336-2311
Vicki Conley; [email protected] (775) 336-2234